AFRO-ASIA INTERACTIONS SEMINAR

October 27, 2023, 4-6pm

Oluwatomisin (Tomi) Onabanjo

“The Sphinx Must Solve Her Own Riddle”:
Edward Wilmot Blyden, Orientalism, and the Regeneration of Africa

53 Washington Square South (King Juan Carlos Center) Room 701

(with wine and cheese)

Oluwatomisin (Tomi) Onabanjo is a graduate student in the History department at New York University. He studies the relationship between Orientalist discourse and subjectivity formation in West Africa during the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. He holds a BA in History and Africana Studies from Brown University. Tomi is also a 2023–2024 National Book Critics Circle (NBCC) Emerging Critic. His writing has appeared in the Chicago Review of Books, Electric Literature, and The Brown Undergraduate Journal of Middle East Studies.

COME ONE AND COME ALL !!!
Copyright © 2023 Center for Global Asia, All rights reserved.
ant to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

13 thoughts on “

1. Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last few posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

2. I beloved up to you will receive carried out proper here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be handing over the following. unwell undoubtedly come further until now once more as exactly the similar nearly a lot regularly inside case you defend this hike.

3. I’m also commenting to make you be aware of what a extraordinary experience my cousin’s child gained browsing the blog. She learned so many pieces, which include what it is like to possess a very effective teaching character to get the others very easily understand some complex topics. You truly exceeded our expected results. Many thanks for offering those beneficial, trustworthy, edifying as well as easy tips about that topic to Lizeth.

4. Together with every little thing which seems to be developing inside this particular area, your points of view are quite refreshing. On the other hand, I beg your pardon, but I do not subscribe to your whole theory, all be it exhilarating none the less. It would seem to everybody that your remarks are not totally validated and in simple fact you are your self not really completely confident of the point. In any event I did take pleasure in looking at it.

5. I’ve been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this web site. Thank you, I will try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your web site?