Data Profiles: Lonya Humphrey

To celebrate Love Data Week 2020, we are highlighting some of the people across NYUAD’s campus that provide data services and support.Black and white photo of Lonya Humphrey with purple bar in bottom third of frame

What is your preferred name? Lonya Humphrey

What is your job title? Librarian for Social Sciences and Data

How long have you been at NYUAD? 3 years

Is there a primary community that you work with or for at NYUAD? I work primarily with students, however, I also work in collaboration with other liaison librarians, faculty, instructors, post-docs and visiting researchers . I work in close collaboration with the GIS Services Librarian Taylor Hixson and Head of the Center for Digital Services Beth Russell to design and implement a sustainable service model for data services. I also work closely with our STEM Librarian Amani Magid to market data services across the university.

How do you assist people at NYUAD working with data? I provide consultative and instructional services for faculty, students, post-docs and visiting researchers in quantitative and qualitative data access and analysis. This includes the acquisition and purchase of free and licensed datasets and the use of software tools such as Stata, SPSS, NVIVO, AtlasTi, and R. 

Can anyone at NYUAD contact you for assistance or collaboration? Sure, just shoot me an email. 

If yes, how can people contact you? lmh10@nyu.edu