A. Language-Specific Resources:
1. ACTFL Speaking Proficiency Guidelines for Urdu: The Urdu Guidelines were prepared by Prof. Tahira Naqvi based on the Hindi Guideline revised in 2014 by Prof. Vijay Gambhir and Prof. Susham Bedi with support from STARTALK@NYU
2. Urdu and Hindi ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interviews with rating rationales (written in English and audio-recorded in Urdu): Project sponsored by Hagop Kevorkian Center, New York University and STARTALK. The interviews are conducted by ACTFL certified trainers, Susham Bedi and Shaheen Parveen, and by ACTFL certified tester, Rajni Bhargava. The rationale was developed by Susham Bedi and the audios recorded by Susham Bedi and Tahira Naqvi.
5. STARTALK Model Curricula in Urdu: Mini project for school age students including CanDo statements, language targets, performance assessments by mode of communication and activities.
6. Transliteration Conventions Urdu
7. Student Worksheets in Urdu
B. Generic Resources:
1. Rubrics for Evaluating:
2. NCSSFL-ACTFL Global Can-Do Benchmarks
3. ACTFL Performance Descriptors
- Classroom Video Collection
- Multimedia Teacher Training Video Collection
- Training Modules on:
Join our Facebook Group STARTALK@NYU.