A. Language-Specific Resources
2. Hindi and Urdu ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interviews with rating rationales (written in English and audio-recorded in Hindi): Project sponsored by Hagop Kevorkian Center, New York University and STARTALK. The interviews are conducted by ACTFL certified trainers, Susham Bedi and Shaheen Parveen, and by ACTFL certified tester, Rajni Bhargava. The rationale was developed by Susham Bedi and the audios recorded by Susham Bedi and Tahira Naqvi.
4. STARTALK-Endorsed Principles in Hindi and High Leverage Teaching Practices in Hindi: Mini projects developed by: text – Susham Bedi, audio-recording in Hindi – Shilpa Parnami and in Urdu – Romeena Kureishy. It is sponsored by STARTALK, STARTALK@Kean University and STARTALK@NYU.
5. STARTALK Model Curricula for Hindi: Mini project for school age students including CanDo statements, language targets, performance assessments by mode of communication and activities.
7. Authentic Materials for Developing Reading Comprehension: Texts with Activity Sheets (1991 ACTFL-Based Project developed with a grant from the Department of Education by Vijay Gambhir, Manindra Verma, Susham Bedi, Herman Van Olphen, Rosane Rocher)
8. Student Activity Sheets
10. Heritage vs. Foreign Language Learners (HLLs vs. FLLs)
12. Rishi Valley Schools, Andhra Pradesh, India
B. Generic Resources:
1. Rubrics for Evaluating:
2. NCSSFL-ACTFL Global Can-Do Benchmarks
3. ACTFL Performance Descriptors
- Classroom Video Collection
- Multimedia Teacher Training Video Collection
- Training Modules on:
Join our Facebook Group STARTALK@NYU.