Praying for Hitch?

Last week it was reported that Christopher Hitchens, atheist and provocateur (and Iraq war supporter), was diagnosed with throat cancer.  The dilemma this news poses? Writes the Telegraph‘s Cristina Odone and other (rather self-obsessed, we must add) believers with a “sneaking admiration” for the brash Brit: Should Christians pray for Hitch or not? We’ve harked the KJ for a few helpful directives. From Psalms 18:40 – 42 and Matthew 5:44, 6:6:

Thou has also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me. They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the Lord, but he answered them not. Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Update: Read Faith & Reason’s summary of calls for conversion here.