Phase 3, Post 11.

Today’s lecture is the most fascinating one for me to date.Since I’m a urban exploration lover, I’m always care about the abandoned facilities in NYC area.  One of the example he gave, was the grand army terminal in Brooklyn. I was amazed by it’s scale when I drove passed it months ago, before that, I’ve only seen it online. It has been abandoned for decades, I’m glad that according to Michael, the government is going to reuse it. There are many other abandoned building, stations in NYC, and hopefully the government would make a detailed plan of revitalizing them, even if not, it’s a great opportunity to open it for explorers and photographers like me, to take a visit. Many buildings are so grandiose, yet has been forgotten for some reason, it’s worthy to record and remember a history through modern technology. One of the best example in Brooklyn may be the Transit Museum, build upon an abandoned Court street station, and it has a tour for its members, a free visit to the great city hall station in Manhattan. It’s always a pleasant tour to see the forgotten beauty of the city.