Past Events: Resources
- Financial Literacy & Understanding Your Debt answers basic questions on your personal finances and student aid.
- Out Loan simplifies repayment strategies for borrowers saddled with federal student loans.
- The Frugalwoods blog documents a couple’s journey to financial independence through frugal living.
- Broke Millennial shares financial tips and strategies.
News and Articles
- US Student Debt Project – The Guardian
- 2014: By The Numbers – Consumerist
- “63%: Of graduates finish college with outstanding student loans
- 48%: Percentage of current students who actually have no idea what their college education costs
- Student Debt Grows Faster at Universities With Highest-Paid Leaders, Study Finds – NY Times
- Indenturing Our Young People – Jesse Jackson, Chicago Sun Times
- Student Loan Debt: The Need for a Mass Movement – Huffington Post
- The Hidden Costs Of Parent PLUS Loans – Forbes
- Students Launch Historic Debt Strike, Refusing to Pay Back Predatory College Loans – Democracy Now!
- Why Are So Many College Students Turning Down Free Money? – The Atlantic
- How Student Debt Stunts Financial Growth – The Atlantic
- A Strike Against Student Debt – NY Times
- U.S. Department of Education to End Contracts with Several Private Collection Agencies – US Dept. of Ed.
- Americans are having more trouble paying off their student debt than their houses – Washington Post
- How to Raise a University’s Profile: Pricing and Packaging – NY Times
Books and Scholarship
- The Enigma of Capital and the Crisis of Capitalism – David Harvey
- Debt to Society: Accounting for Life Under Capitalism – Miranda Joseph
- Debt: The First 5000 Years – David Graeber
- Neoliberalized Knowledge – Wendy Brown
- The Fall of the Faculty – Benjamin Ginsberg
- The University Against Itself: The NYU Strike and the Future of the Academic Workplace – Monika Krause, Mary Nolan, Michael Palm, Andrew Ross
- The Debt Resisters’ Operations Manual – Strike Debt
- “The Twenty-first Century University and the Market” – Mary Poovey
- “Making Debt” – Miranda Joseph
- Life and Debt – Stephanie Black
- Ivory Tower – Andrew Rossi
- Let’s Make Money – Erwin Wagenhofer
|Federal Student Aid (dept. of Ed)||Repayment calculator for federal student loans|
|College Scholarship Services||Financial aid calculator|
|The Institute for College Access & Success||National Policy Agenda to Reduce the Burden of Student Debt|
|Quick Facts About Student Debt|