Haptics final documentation

experiment 1:

I made a standard haptics circuit with the small vibrating motor, and modified the code and basically hard-coded the Mario theme music into the motor just using time delays, here is the video:

experiment 2:

i connected all three motors with a jumbo of wires, one interesting thing that I found is that you could individually check if the circuit is correct by just connecting the power of the motor to the digital pin of the Arduino with the “Mario” code still running.

again with time delay, i hard-coded a sequence of vibrations that corresponds to the notes themself, i made the “Mary had a Little Lamb” melody (which only had 3 notes) and assigned each note to a motor. I could see this being played on a Karima, just position the motors above the keys so that when it vibrates it hits the key.

i lost the footage of this thing working but everybody saw it in class.

experiment 3:

I was 90% sure I connected the wires correctly but I wasn’t really able to get the motor driver to work in the end.

experiment 4:

I made analog vibration devices with only physical materials. I made two boxes, one is a wobbler, in which I tied a weight to two pieces of rubber band, and calculated so that it only moves along one plane when you hit the box. i also put felt on the two sides to eliminate unwanted sounds. 

Another object is just orbeez trapped inside a box. i realized later that the original box shakes better and gives you better haptic feedback. Maybe due to it being thinner plastic.