We welcome students who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to participating in multiple aspects of research and developing partnerships with the community. Students who volunteer with L-FELD must have:
- A strong interest in early childhood, language, literacy, culture and/or education
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- The highest level of professionalism (getting to meetings on time, detail-oriented,
competent, reliable, kind, and mature).
- The desire to work with early childhood children in a classroom setting.
- The ability to commitment 4 hours a week plus travel time* for Classroom Volunteers and 10 hours a week plus travel time* for Research Assistants.
*Our partnering schools are located across NYC (all boroughs except Staten Island) and are approximately 45 minutes from NYU’s main campus.
As much of our work is conducted in Spanish, fluency (writing, reading & speaking) is a plus, but not required.
If you are interested in learning more about or joining the team APPLY NOW!