You can get involved with OPUS’s new opusZINES (by submitting a short (300 words maximum), psychology-related post (see suggested post types below). Posts will be accepted on a rolling basis, and if approved, will be published weekly on the OPUSzines on Tuesday at 12:15. The opportunity to publish on the OPUSzines is open to all NYU students.
Blog posts can be sent to email@example.com with the subject line OPUSZINES POST: topic xxx (e.g., OPUSZINES POST: adolescent depression). In your post, please also include any relevant pictures or links to related information to be published alongside your post. While posts do not need to be written in APA style (i.e., a Reference list is not required), please ensure that your post maintains an academic level of formality (e.g., avoid slang, use proper punctuation). You must, however, cite in APA format when quoting, or referring to a specific publication or article. When submitting, please also include a brief bio (e.g., full name, year level, interests in psychology)!
Suggested post types (other psychology-related posts are also welcome):
- A summary or your thoughts on a psychology-related media article or TED talk (please include the link to the original article or video)
- Thoughts on something you learned in a psychology class that interested or surprised you
- An abstract for a paper you have written, or are writing in, a psychology class (e.g., a summary of your Applied Assignment)
- Creative pieces such as psychological poems and short stories
- Visual artwork (these have to be accompanied by a written description of the work)
- A summary of a psychology-related event you attended
- A psychology-related experience (e.g., a deidentified description of something interesting that happened at your field site)
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org