Thank you for considering submitting a post to The Global Citizen. We are looking for original content that showcases the CGA Community’s research, field work, and substantive reflections on current events, CGA events, courses, etc.
Content Types and Requirements:
Blog posts – 500-1,500 words on your research/work in the field. Blog posts should generally be original content, though we will occasionally re-post pieces that have been published elsewhere. If you want to re-publish, please confirm this is OK with the original publisher. In an effort to make the blog more visually interesting, please submit photos whenever possible.
Slideshows – we have the capacity to feature slideshows on the new blog. If you would like to post a slideshow, please submit 10-20 photos and a short accompanying text (250-500 words) describing the photos.
All submissions should be edited and ready to publish. We will do light copy-editing, but do not have the capacity to do full editing.
Blog Categories (posts can have multiple categories):
- Faculty Research – posts about your research, work in the field, etc. All posts should be in first person
- Alumni in Action – posts from alumni about their work in the Global Affairs arena
- Notes from the Field – first person posts from faculty, students or alumni about work your the field
- CGA Initiatives – posts related to one of our special initiatives (e.g. ISET)
- CGA News – for occasional updates at CGA (e.g. new concentrations)
- News Commentary – posts should be pegged to a recent news story
- Op-Eds – posts that aren’t necessarily tied to recent headlines, but are commentary on relevant subject matter to CGA
- Events Recap – posts about CGA or other relevant events and the issues discussed
How to Submit work: Please send submissions to Anila Churi (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Global Citizen Submission” in the subject line.