SONYC is hiring!
Interested in cutting-edge research in cyber-physical systems, urban informatics, data science, machine listening, citizen science, digital media or the internet of things? Are you skilled, self-motivated and able to successfully work in teams? are you interested in doing work that can contribute to addressing one of the most important quality-of-life issues for urban citizens worldwide?
SONYC is growing rapidly and is looking for graduate students, post-doctoral researchers and software engineers to join our team both at NYU and OSU. We are looking for:
- PhD, post-doc and software engineers to work on data infrastructure, urban informatics and information visualization. Please contact Claudio Silva.
- PhD or post-doc with background in social computing / crowdsourcing, ideally with experimental and UX skills. Please contact Oded Nov.
- Graduate student opportunities in digital media, please contact Luke DuBois.
- Graduate student opportunities in wireless sensor networks, embedded computing and IoT, please contact Anish Arora.
- PhD opportunities in machine listening and cyber-physical system applications to noise, please contact Juan Pablo Bello (also more details here).
We strongly encourage applications from women and others from groups traditionally underrepresented in technology, computer science and engineering research.
We have recently received a large award from the National Science Foundation, and the project has been covered by the New York Times and other news outlets. To find out more about the project please see our introductory video: