• NYUAD Global Ph.D. Student Fellowship (2020 Fall Admission) (ongoing)
Application due: December 15, 2019
Ph.D. Student Fellowship in Biomedical Circuits and Systems Design:
Research at NYU Abu Dhabi, and Ph.D. degree from NYU, NY, USA.
The Division of Engineering at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) invites applications for Research Assistants to work at the Integrated BioElectronics Lab (led by Prof. Sohmyung Ha) on wearable biosignal sensors, implantable glucose sensors, and/or prosthetic devices as Ph.D. graduate researchers. This Fellowship is a unique opportunity to pursue advanced research across the two exciting campuses in Brooklyn, NY and Abu Dhabi. Students who receive the Fellowship complete all graduate coursework at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, Brooklyn, New York, spend subsequent years working at the Integrated BioElectronics Lab in NYU Abu Dhabi, UAE and receive the Ph.D. degree from the NYU Tandon School of Engineering upon graduation.
The main features of the Fellowship are as follows:
- NYU Tandon School of Engineering Ph.D. degree upon graduation
- Graduate coursework at the Tandon School of Engineering in New York
- Cutting-edge research opportunities supported by a distinguished research community and state-of-the-art research facilities at NYU Abu Dhabi
- NYU Abu Dhabi is ranked #1 in the UAE by the Nature Index for high-quality research output
- You can find more about NYUAD research at the below link: https://nyuad.nyu.edu/content/dam/nyuad/departments/research/documents/research-reports/NYUAD-research-report-2015-16.pdf
- Tuition, fees, and health insurance throughout doctoral studies, for a maximum of four years and contingent upon satisfactory progress
- Competitive stipend while in New York
- Competitive stipend, with additional housing support and home-travel allowance, while in Abu Dhabi
- Conference travel support and career development support at NYU Abu Dhabi
You can find more information regarding the Ph.D. program at the below link: http://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/academics/graduate-programs.html
Qualifications and Preferred Skills and Experience:
- M.S. degree is required.
- B.S. and/or M.S. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- IC design, tape-out, experimental validation
- PCB board design
- Biomedical sensor design
- All the requirements of the Ph.D. application for the NYU Tandon School of Engineering (an applicant who can’t meet a criterion below may still be considered if she/he demonstrates other strengths):
- GPA: ≥ 3.5/4.0 for B.S. and 3.7/4.0 for M.S.
- GRE Quantitative: ≥ 159 (≥ 165 preferred)
- GRE Verbal: ≥ 148
- GRE Analytical: ≥ 3.5
- TOEFL: ≥ 100 (or IELTS ≥ 7.0 overall)
How to apply:
Interested students should email Prof. Sohmyung Ha at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, CV, statement of research accomplishments and interests, contact information for 2-3 references, copies of publications (if any), and transcripts of the B.S. and M.S. courses, all in PDF format, and apply to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, NYU Tandon School of Engineering via http://engineering.nyu.edu/admissions/graduate. You should indicate your campus preference as Abu Dhabi and your academic advisor preference as Prof. Sohmyung Ha in your statement of purpose.
If you have any questions, please email Prof. Ha at email@example.com.
—– Closed positions—–
• Post-doctoral research associates / research scientists in biomedical circuits and systems (Closed)
• Opening: Research Assistant in Glucose Sensor Design