Pratt Institute, Learning/Access Center
The Learning/Access Center (L/AC) provides comprehensive academic support services that are available to all Pratt students. The L/AC also facilitates full access for students with disabilities and veterans so that they can freely and actively participate in all facets of Pratt life.
Graduate Assistant Job Description
The Graduate Assistant for the Learning/Access Center assists with office processes related to learning support as well as services and accommodations for students with disabilities. The Graduate Assistant will help coordinate tutoring and workshop programming and assist with processes to ensure students with disabilities are receiving necessary services. Applicants should be adept at promoting a positive environment for diversity and inclusion.
• Reports to the Associate Director of the Learning/Access Center
• Assists with workshop programming, including coordinating times/locations
• Assists with appointment scheduling, monitoring and tracking of students through the Institute’s retention software (Hobson’s Starfish)
• Assists with processes for students with disabilities that are enrolled with the Learning/Access Center, including data management, faculty notification, and tracking assistive technology use
• Assists with coordinating and providing proctoring services for students
• Assists with administrative departmental needs, including filing and answering phones
• May occasionally be scheduled to work at the Pratt Manhattan Campus, as needed
• Work some evening and weekends
Education: Pursuing a Master’s degree in Higher Education, Education, Student Affairs/College Student Personnel, Education Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or related field.
Language Skills: Mandarin speaker preferred, but not required.
To apply, please send an email with the subject line Graduate Assistant Position, and attach your cover letter and resume, to Dr. Heather Shpiro, Associate Director of the Learning/Access
Center (L/AC): email@example.com. No hardcopy submissions.