CREATIVE CAREER DESIGN FELLOWSHIP
The Creative Career Design Fellowship is designed to empower NYU graduate students to create actionable strategies to launch their careers in the arts.
Over the course of the fall semester, fellows will participate in a series workshops that will help them each build compelling COMMUNICATION, FINANCIAL, and RELATIONSHIP BUILDING strategies to support their creative careers.
The program is a big commitment of time and energy, but will leave each fellow with the key skills needed to launch their creative careers post-graduation.
Attendance to all sessions and events is mandatory.
Positive attitude and a commitment to the support and growth of other members of the cohort.
All fellows must have a creative project that they are actively working to execute over the course of the academic year.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
TAILORED ATTENTION – CCDF is a fellowship that provides tailored support that addresses the expressed, unique needs of NYU’s future creative professionals.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR CONNECTION – Students will be empowered to build a strong network of support within NYU and industry relationships outside of NYU.
KEY SKILLS – Acquire the ability to pitch your ideas to attract collaborators, secure resources, and execute on your creative projects.
Applications will re-open for First Year Graduate students in August.
HOW IT WORKS
- A cohort of students will be chosen from degree programs across NYU
- 7 Group sessions over the course of the fall semester covering topics including: pitching creative projects, creative project & personal finance, personal branding, networking, and more
- 1 Exclusive industry event for select members of the cohort
- 1:1 Creative career coaching sessions
- Most sessions take place on Fridays during the day at the NYU Production Lab
- Students from across schools are encouraged to apply (previous fellows have come from Tisch, GSAS, Wagner, and Steinhardt)
- Students from non-arts degree programs with creative backgrounds and viable projects may apply (preference will be given to arts degree students)
- Attendance to all sessions and events is mandatory