GRADUATE RESEARCH ANALYST (HIGHER EDUCATION)
New York University’s Office of the Provost is seeking a highly motivated graduate student to provide
research and analytical support to the Office of Academic Program Review and Assessment to begin Fall
2019. The Graduate Research Analyst will work in tandem with the Associate Vice Provost to foster a
university-wide culture of continual academic program planning, assessment, and improvement. This is
an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to university-wide leadership, performing detailed research
projects to document learning outcomes academic assessment across all NYU schools and programs.
• Manage university’s student learning outcomes assessment database
• Analyze and content-code annual program-level assessment reports from all NYU divisions
• Produce written summaries, data visualizations and custom feedback for all submitted reports
• Perform quantitative and qualitative statistical analyses
• Generate and edit reports and presentations for meetings with Academic Assessment Council
and other senior administrative stakeholders
• Complete additional ad hoc research related tasks and administrative duties when needed, such
as literature review and reports, data visualizations and graphics, reporting templates, special
Candidates must be enrolled in an NYU graduate program (doctoral preferred) and be able to commit at
least one academic year to this position. The ideal candidate has strong research,
writing, and presentation skills and is interested in pursing a career in higher education.
• Strong written and verbal communication, ability to interact with Senior leadership
• Comfortable performing both quantitative and qualitative analyses of data
• Impeccable organization and time management skills—a must!
• Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Google tools, SPSS, Tableau, etc.
• Approximately 20 hours/week
Applicants should submit a resume/CV, brief writing sample, and cover letter to email@example.com.
Cover letters should address why you are seeking this position at this time in your graduate program and
how this position is a good fit for your academic and career goals in higher education.