Project A Proposal

Working Title:  Cell Crash

Elevator Pitch Presentation (with references)

Paper Prototype: 

The idea for this project is inspired by the microscope topic in the project brief. My idea is to create a characterized bacteriophage virus with moving parts that follows the mouse position. I am also considering creating a way to create more of the viruses.

The second part of my project includes a large circle in the middle that is made to look like a Petri dish. Within this there will be circles that are static. These will represent the cells of the bacteria that the bacteriophage will invade.(Petri dish and bacteriophage pictured above, images from Google) 

For the generative aspect of this project, I will be making it so that if the bacteriophage that follows the mouse is placed within the Petri dish, it will begin to generate branch-like structures like my reference (pictured below), while also extending with randomly generated colors. I would also like colorful lines to extend from the strokes that create the Petri dish. My second reference (second picture below) illustrates this example. I chose my first example because the branch-like structures remind me of a fungus that spreads. Fungus like this is also grown in a Petri dish, so it relates to the project in this way as well. I chose the second reference because the generative colors are something that I would like to replicate in this project. I also think that because I will be using circles in the initial part of this design, the strokes of these ellipses can be worked with to become generative.