- Talking While Female: The Science and Censure of Women’s Voices. Presented at the Linguistic Prejudice, Linguistic Privilege public forum at New York University, March 29, 2017. Presentations by John Singler, Laurel MacKenzie, Lisa Davidson, Gregory Guy, and Renee Blake.
- Interview in the episode “What the government stashes”, Every Little Thing podcast, May 29, 2017.
- “Is it ACHA or AHCA? A linguist explains why so many people are abbreviating the healthcare bill wrong”, Business Insider, March 24, 2017.
- “You Are 100 Percent Wrong About the Pronunciation of GIF”, Newsweek, July 24, 2016.
- “What’s the Big Deal About Vocal Fry? An NYU Linguist Weighs In“. NYU Stories, September 29, 2015.
- “The name on the cup.” Schwa Fire 3, 2014.
- “How to learn a second language.” Forbes, July 27, 2010.
- “Pint-size polyglots.” Time Out New York Kids, April 15, 2008.
- “Parents Take Language Class Into Their Own Hands.” New York Times, September 30, 2006.
- “Mona Lisa Speaks!” Good Morning America, June 2, 2006.
- “Speech is Physical and Mental: Exploring the Interface“. National Science Foundation Special Report, 2005.
I have experience consulting for organizations such as law firms and branding companies regarding the acoustic, articulatory, and phonetic properties of words, names and voices. Please contact me for further information.