A beta release of the new BobCat, the library catalog, is available for trial March 5th.
The interface has a modern look and feel, offering new features in addition to all the features of the current interface (BobCat Classic). Both Classic and Beta will run simultaneously throughout the spring semester.
What’s new in BobCat Beta?
- Responsive design is mobile-friendly.
- Search experience improvements with a single-search bar, collection- scoping, and an update to the advanced search features.
- Virtual Browse is a new discovery feature in beta
- Filters & facets have new features and look.
- Item details screens were updated.
- Search history is more robust
- Report issues, or just tell us you think about the new BobCat, right from the interface.
Please note, a beta version is a test phase before the release of the final product. BobCat Beta is close to the final product, but there may be bugs or features that aren’t available yet.
You may see changes to the interface during beta. As we get feedback, we’ll be making improvements.
How do I try out BobCat Beta?
Starting March 5th you’ll see a new tab for BobCat Beta in the resource search tool on the library.nyu.edu.
What’s the Timeline?
BobCat Beta will be available throughout the spring semester. The new interface will replace BobCat Classic before the fall semester.