The NYU Libraries regularly acquires new databases. Take a look at the new databases we added to our collection in January 2018:
- ARTIFEX Press is a publisher of digital catalogues raisonnés. Artifex has developed a proprietary, patented software platform and a dedicated research and publishing program in order to produce, edit, and distribute these seminal publications. Please Click on “Institutional Login” to access.
- BMJ Best Practice is a new concept for information delivered at the point of care. In a single source there is a combination of the latest research evidence, guidelines and expert opinion – presented in a step-by-step approach, covering prevention, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Best Practice provides a second opinion without the need for checking multiple resources. Its patient-focused approach represents an advancement in information delivery at the point of care.
- CMIE Prowessdx is the data extraction interface for the Prowess databases from CMIE (Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy,) including data for Indian companies extending back to 1990. It contains daily stock price data and fundamental data for both private and public companies in India, data on ownership and governance (board composition, meetings, major stakeholders, subsidiaries etc.) and data on mergers & acquisitions. Users must create an individual account for access.
- Codices Vossiani Latini Online provides access to digital facsimiles and detailed descriptive records for all 363 codices in the Latin part of Isaak Vossius’ manuscript collection held at Leiden University Library. It includes 76 pre-10th century Carolingian manuscripts and major sources of classic texts; it comprises 40,278 openings, resulting in 84,266 images, including covers and flyleaves.
- The Eastern Miscellany (東方雜誌 [Dōngfāng zázhì]) is a serial that reflects a period of great transition in Chinese society, from the Qing Dynasty, Japanese invasion, the Second World War, communist revolution, until the formation of today’s People’s Republic of China. Issues date from 1904 to 1948 and are presented in full-text with full-image formats and rich indexing. The Eastern Miscellany database is the complete online archive with all issues reproduced cover-to-cover, including illustrations and advertisements.