During the spring semester, NYU Libraries released a beta version of the new BobCat and sought feedback from users. Thank you, for your willingness to share your experiences and ideas about how we can make BobCat work best for you.
The positive response we saw in the data confirms that moving to the new interface is the right choice to support our users’ research needs now and in the future.
BobCat will be offline from 9AM – 11AM (E.T.) while we upgrade
- Bookmarks from the old interface will redirect to the new one once the system is back online.
- Bookmarks from BobCat Beta will be disabled.
Visit the NYU Libraries Status Page for alternative resources and updates on system availability.
What will be new in BobCat?
The features of the older version are all available, plus the following:
- Responsive design is mobile-friendly.
- Search experience improvements with a single-search bar, collection-scoping, and an update to the advanced search features.
- Virtual Browse is a new discovery feature.
- Filters & facets have new features and look.
- Item details screens were updated.
- Search history is more robust.
- Report issues, give feedback or suggest new features right from the interface.
- Bug fixes and new releases will be more timely
Catalog Search Tool Changes
The catalog search tool on the Libraries’ websites and research guides will also get an update.
- Use the “Advanced Search” link to pre-filter searches
We welcome feedback and will make ongoing improvements to the system. Use the BobCat Feedback form to share general feedback, report bugs/errors, or suggest new features. Within the BobCat interface use the “Provide feedback” link.
We look forward to continuing the conversations about how NYU Libraries’ can support your discovery needs.