Hello from NYU Libraries!
The fall semester is about to kick off, which means the Libraries will be offering our Graduate Student workshops! Come learn everything you need to know, from how to organize your bibliographies to how to track down those tricky citations to how to be a more effective research assistant (and much more). For the complete listing of these sessions, and to sign up, see our Graduate Student Services calendar.
And make sure to take advantage of the Libraries’ many wonderful offerings, such as our subject specialists and our Ask a Librarian reference service. We’re happy to help!
We have been working hard over the past few years to expand and improve our services and spaces to fit your needs, and we hope you’ll help us keep improving.
We look forward to seeing you, and wish you the best of luck this semester!
— NYU Libraries Graduate Student Services
Service Alert: Libraries Systems Maintenance Complete (8/22/2017)
The planned Libraries systems maintenance for Tuesday, August 22nd is now complete, and all NYU Libraries systems are available for your use.
The outage was necessary for critical system maintenance, and it was the last planned outage before the academic year begins. Thank you for your patience during this scheduled maintenance! As always, please contact Ask a Librarian if you have any questions or concerns.
The Libraries catalog (BobCat) will be unavailable on Tuesday, August 22nd from 7 a.m. to approximately 11 a.m. EST.
The affected systems include BobCat’s Books and More and Course Reserves tabs, Interlibrary Loan requests, off-site recalls, e-journals, databases and ebooks, E-ZBorrow, and group study room reservations.
During the outage, the NYU Libraries Ask a Librarian service will be available to provide assistance.
Use BobCat Standard (Classic Catalog) to search for materials.
The outage is necessary for critical system maintenance. It is the last planned outage before the academic year begins. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
Please be advised, the Libraries Ebook Central platform will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance for approximately 3 hours beginning Saturday, August 12th at 1 p.m. EST
Should you require assistance, you can reach our staff in-person or via Ask a Librarian
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
The NYU Libraries regularly acquires new databases. Take a look at the new databases we added to our collection in July 2017:
- Board Vitals is exam review tool for the NBDE I and II, NBDHE, Shelf Exams for seven medical specialties and USMLE.
- Sign up to register for an individual account using your NYU email address.
- EBSCO Magazine Archive provides archival access to the following magazines: U. S. News & World Report, Time, Sports Illustrated, People, Life, Fortune, Forbes, Esquire, Business week, and Architectural Digest. Users can search across all ten magazines, or select individual titles.
- Foreign Office Files for Japan 1931-1945 is published in three parts, this collection makes available extensive coverage of British Foreign Office files dealing with Japan between 1919 and 1952:
- Japanese Imperialism and the War in the Pacific, 1931-1945
- Occupation of Japan, 1946-1952
- Japan and Great Power Status, 1919-1930