We recently had the pleasure of hosting Dr. Joseph Lumbard from American University of Sharjah (AUS) to discuss his work on the recently published Study Quran : a new translation and commentary.
This is one of the most extensive works on the Quran in the English language and will likely be a key reference for years to come. Edited by Seyyed Hossein Nasr, an accomplished scholar and authority in Islamic studies, this volume offers the following to students and scholars:
- A new English translation of the Quran that is accurate, accessible, and reliable in how it renders this sacred text.
- A wide-ranging verse-by-verse commentary that brings together the most respected and distinguished traditions of metaphysical, spiritual, theological, and legal interpretation of the Quran within Islam.
- A helpful introduction to each surah that provides an overview and background of its teachings
- Essays by fifteen internationally renowned scholars on how to read and understand the Quran and its role in shaping Islamic civilization.
- A beautiful two-color, two-column design that presents the sacred text and commentary in the spirit of traditional Quran manuscripts.
- Maps, a time line of historical events, comprehensive indexes, and other features to aid reading.
Our copy is coming in next month, so let us know if you want to check it out.