- Associate Professor, Music Technology, Dept. of Music and Performing Arts Professions, New York University.
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, New York University.
- Affiliated Faculty, Center for Data Science, New York University.
- Director, Music and Audio Research Laboratory (MARL)
- Mailing address: 35 West 4th Street, Suite 1077, New York, NY 10012-1172, USA
- Phone: +1 212.998.5736
- Email: jp[lastname] [at] nyu [dot] edu
- You can also find me at: Benefunder, Linkedin, Google Scholar, ResearchGate
Juan Pablo Bello is Associate Professor of Music Technology and Electrical & Computer Engineering at New York University. In 1998 he received a BEng in Electronics from the Universidad Simón Bolívar in Caracas, Venezuela, and in 2003 he earned a doctorate in Electronic Engineering at Queen Mary, University of London. Juan’s expertise is in digital signal processing, machine listening and music information retrieval, topics that he teaches and in which he has published more than 80 papers and articles in books, journals and conference proceedings. He is director of the Music and Audio Research Lab (MARL), where he leads research on music informatics. His work has been supported by public and private institutions in Venezuela, the UK, and the US, including a CAREER award from the National Science Foundation and a Fulbright scholar grant for multidisciplinary studies in France.