by

Welcome! I am an Associate Professor in Environmental Studies Department at New York University.  But I’m moving to Canada!  As of 1 July 2018, I will be an Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Toronto.  My new email address is greenprofgreen (at) gmail.

My research focuses on transnational private regulation and its interactions with public forms of authority. More broadly, I am interested in the ways that global institutions, both public and private, can provide public goods, particularly in the area of environment. My book, Rethinking Private Authority: Agents and Entrepreneurs in Global Environmental Governance, was published by Princeton University Press in January 2014.  It received the 2015 Harold and Margaret Sprout Award for best the book in environmental politics from the International Studies Association, the 2015 Lynton Keith Caldwell Award from the American Political Science Association, and the Levine Prize.  In 2017, I received the Emerging Young Scholar Award from APSA’s Science Technology and Environmental Policy Section.

You can reach me at jessica.green@nyu.edu, or follow me @greenprofgreen

Write a Comment

Comment