About the Workshop
Graduate students in MIR and Media Technology develop critical science and research skills enabling them to solve difficult and sometimes abstract problems. Yet outside of an occasional internship, students do not have many opportunities to interact with industry. Those who are interested in a future career outside of academia are underexposed to challenges and concepts that arise in industrial and entrepreneurial settings such as:
- Best practices for software development in commercial enterprises
- Data science in real-world settings
- Bringing products to market on a tight production cycle
- The startup lifecycle
- Efficiently working in large organizations or small startup teams
- Intellectual property issues
The ISMIR16 ThinkTank is a free event organized for invited participants held in partnership with RealIndustry.
Who is Eligible
Current graduate students and post-doctoral researchers who are considering a career in industry are eligible to participate ThinkTank. However due to limited resources, participation is by invitation only and we have reached our capacity.
On-site events will take place at NYU’s MAGNET.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.