Information for presenters
As in previous ISMIR editions, there will be two types of presentation: oral and poster presentations.
Oral presentation of papers:
- Each paper has an allocation of 20 minutes for presentation, including Q&As and changeover to the next speaker. Authors should prepare a 15-minutes slideshow presentation and leave 5 minutes for questions from the audience. No time extension will be granted.
During the session, the session chair will indicate your remaining time according to the following schedule:
10 minutes into the talk – they will ring the bell once and show the 5 minutes remaining card
13 minutes into the talk – they will ring the bell twice and show the 2 minute remaining card
15 minutes into the talk – they will ring the bell three times and show the 0 minutes remaining card
Please make sure that you finish your talk promptly when the session chair rings the bell three times/shows you the 0 minutes remaining card. This will allow for sufficient time for questions and will ensure that we are able to keep the schedule on track.
- The room will be equipped with a video projector (VGA and HDMI connectors). Audio can be connected through HDMI or with an audio output (stereo minijack). A microphone for the presenters will be available. Presenters are asked to use their personal computers for presentations. (Nevertheless, make sure you also have a back-up pdf of your presentation.) A computer may be available for presenters (TBD), only if requested sufficiently in advance. No overhead projector will be available.
- Make sure to include sound examples when possible and to prepare a lively presentation.
- Presenters are asked to be present in the room, introduce themselves to their session chair and make sure that the presentation devices work properly at least 15 minutes before the start of their session.
- Should you have any specific technical requirements (e.g. need of computer for showing slides), please, send an email to the conference organization by July 31st. We cannot guarantee that your requirements can be fulfilled.
Poster presentation of papers:
- Each day, a different selection of posters will be hung in specific spaces at the venue for the whole day. On the specific day of display of their poster, presenters are expected to be near their poster at least during the 2 poster sessions of that day (i.e Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday from 11:30am – 1pm and 4:40pm – 6pm). Interaction around posters is also welcome during any time of that day.
- All posters must use portrait orientation and be no larger than ISO A0 size or 36 x 48 inches. Posters can only be hung in Portrait format. There is no poster template.
- Each poster presenter will be assigned a particular stand.
- Sound examples should only be played through headphones. Presenters are expected to bring their own headphones and playing device(s). Loudspeakers will not be allowed.
We strongly encourage using the ISMIR 2016 poster printing service (deadline July 24th 6:30pm EST).