Call for Volunteers
We are now accepting applications for volunteers. Applications are due by June 17, 2016. See below for details.
We are looking for volunteers who are hard-working, passionate, enthusiastic, and reliable. To be eligible as an ISMIR Student Volunteer, you must be:
- Enrolled full-time at an accredited school during the Spring 2016 semester.
- Available to volunteer throughout the entire week of the conference (Thursday August 4th – Thursday August 11th).
- Over 18 years old, or be able to provide a permission letter signed by your parent or guardian.
Students who are authors at the ISMIR conference are not eligible for the Student Volunteer program. Student authors in need of financial support to attend the conference should apply for the ISMIR student travel grant.
Please note that the Student Volunteer program does not provide travel or housing accommodations. Student’s outside the New York City metropolitan area are welcome to apply, but will have to coordinate and pay for their own travel and accommodations.
Perks of Volunteering
As a Student Volunteer, you receive registration-free full access to the ISMIR conference, including attendee-only talks, panels, concerts, and social events such as the conference banquet. When off-shift, Student Volunteers can enjoy all aspects of the ISMIR conference. However, the benefits of becoming a Student Volunteer reach far beyond the week of the conference. As a Student Volunteer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support the conference while gaining a fun and valuable learning experience for your resume.
- Begin building a professional network with fellow students with similar interests.
NOTE: Students under the age of 21 unfortunately may not be able to attend some of the social events because of age restrictions imposed by the venues. However, the majority of events are open to all volunteers.
All Student Volunteers must:
- Attend the mandatory Student Volunteer Orientation Wednesday, August 3rd, and be available until the completion of all volunteer shifts on Thursday, August 11th, the last day of ISMIR.
- Commit to approximately 20 hours of work to take place during the week of the conference.
- Be able to commute to/from the conference locations (primarily in lower Manhattan).
How to Apply
The ISMIR Student Volunteer application is available online. Applications are due by June 17, 2016, and accepted volunteers will be notified by July 1, 2016.
Be prepared to submit the following:
- Name, age, gender, and schooling-related information
- Contact information
- Contact information for a faculty or professional reference
- Answers to short free response questions.