Internship Fall 2017 – Apprentice Museum Educator – Rubin Museum – Aug. 22

Good morning,

I hope you are well! My name is Elyse and I am the Assistant Manager of Academic Programs at the Rubin Museum. I wanted to forward along a current opening we have in our Apprentice Museum Educator Program. If you have any students that might be interested in this opportunity, please pass this information along! Feel free to share my contact information, should anyone have any questions.

The Apprentice Museum Educator (AME) program at the Rubin Museum of Art provides practical skills to university students interested in future careers in the arts, programming, or museum education. Program participants develop an understanding of gallery teaching, facilitation of public programs, and museum administration.

Students will focus on public programs and university partnerships in the remaining open positions.

APPRENTICE DUTIES INCLUDE:

• Facilitating programs
  • Administrative support of programs
  • Museums studies discussions and arts career advising
  • Leading tours and art workshops for K-12 school groups

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?

• This program is open to mature undergraduates, graduate students, and recent postgraduates. Strong interest in a future career in programming, education, or art is encouraged.
  • Fall 2017 with possibility for extension into the Spring 2018 term
  • 20 hours per week, with either Wednesday evening or Friday evening as part of availability.
  • Be at least 18 years of age

IS THIS A PAID POSITION?

Apprentice Museum Educators are paid a modest monthly stipend for their services. The terms of the stipend will be discussed if applicants are accepted for interviews. School credit may be received.

HOW DO I APPLY?

Please submit a cover letter and resume to universityprograms@rubinmuseum.org by Tuesday, September 5, 2017.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions as well. I wish you well in the upcoming semester, and look forward to being in touch about future opportunities at the Rubin.

Many thanks,

Elyse

Elyse Rodriguez Aleman Assistant Manager of Academic Programs Rubin Museum of Art 150 West 17th Street, New York, NY 10011 140 West 17th Street (staff and delivery entrance) www.rubinmuseum.org Phone: 212.620.5000 x337 Fax: 212.620.0443 Email: ealeman@rubinmuseum.org