Internship – Masonic Library of Grand Lodge – NYC – June 26, 2017

Dear Ms. Anderson,
I hope this email finds you well. I’m the curator of a 50K piece artifact collection held by the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of New York. We have opportunities for internships and volunteers to work hands-on with our collection, and I was wondering if you ever host any presentations for this type of internship. While we have posted our opportunities for internships, perhaps because we are a small, currently-unknown collection, there has not been much response.

Our material dates from the late 1700s-modern time, with the bulk of the material from the 19th century.

I would be pleased to make a short presentation to any of your classes in the hopes of sparking the interest of your students to come and work on this material.
Currently, I have a project a volunteer intern is coming in for the summer session, whereby she will be re-housing, cataloguing, photographing and doing the data entry for our spectacular Masonic Apron collection.

Catherine M. Walter
Curator
Chancellor Robert R Livingston
    Masonic Library of Grand Lodge
71 West 23rd Street, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10003

Please visit our online museum at:
[Note: click Browse above the thumbnail preview in each sub-Collection in order to access all items in that sub-Collection.]