At Parade, we’re rallying fun every day through Creative Basics (underwear!) for free-wheeling women & femme-identifying people. We make underwear in bright colors, soft fabrics, and comfortable styles for everyone. We always ask ourselves––how can we have more fun? How can we take the feeling of putting on your favorite underwear and create that every single day? That drives what we do (in the office and in the world!) constantly. We also put our money where our mouth is––our sizing is inclusive, our fabrics are sustainable, and we’re donating 1% to sex education so women can always choose their path. As one of the first interns on Team Parade, you’ll be taking part in rewriting the American underwear story.
Name of Organization: Parade
Organization Website: https://yourparade.com
Organization Address: 25 Jay St., Unit 205, Brooklyn, NY 11201 (DUMBO)
Contact Name: Lauren Daccache
Contact Email: email@example.com
Dates of Internship: Spring/Summer 2019
Industry: Arts/Arts Management, Community Development, Fashion Business, Graphic Design, Media/Video Production, Photography and Media, Other
Preferred Academic Level: Undergraduate
Description of Internship: What will you do? As the Marketing & Community Intern at Parade, you will report into the Head of Brand & Experience, and work across teams to: – Build our founding Parade Student & Parade Friends communities: help source and on-board students from targeted schools and states, ensuring that they are 1) strictly aligned with Parade’s brand values and 2) engaged with the idea of being a rep for the brand – we must communicate to them, as early as possible, that they are going to be essential and exciting members of our founding team – they are how we build and grow Parade!
Help us understand what our world is saying: utilize listening insights to develop thoughtful and consistent content and provide feedback to the rest of the team when our Student & Friends are saying something (give the people what they want! And what they need!) – Create fun & beautiful things: assist in content creation across social to grow and drive awareness of the brand, and work cross-functionally to ensure that the Parade brand aesthetic and voice are consistent
– Parade Student & Friend management
– Monitor and screen through Parade Student applications
– Organize and update applications and contracts
– Create referral links for program members
– Become brand/product expert and answer questions and complaints from reps & customers in an on-brand, timely and professional manner
– Listen, respond, ask questions and engage in conversation within the Parade Student/Friends Slack channels to cultivate engagement, while elevating sensitive situations to management
– Work with the rest of the team to identify engaged customers who are good fits for either the Parade Student or Friends of Parade programs
– Help concept new challenges and prize ideas, specifically for Parade Students, to keep them engaged with the Parade brand
– Testing different types of content and challenge in the beginning stages will be essential in helping us understand what performs best!
– Brand & Marketing Weekly Report: monitor and share trends in marketing tools, channels, campaigns, and strategy/review the community and digital work of our competitors and industry leaders to constantly stay at the forefront of trends
– Rep Weekly Report: – On product/brand: Provide ongoing rep feedback (complaints, reviews on fit, color, etc.) to include in reports to management, and leverage positive customer experiences and testimonials for reviews
– Report on what’s working and what’s not in the program
– What are people liking, what do they wish was different etc. This program will grow and evolve over time and we want to make sure it always feels right and good for the people involved
– Content creation and marketing strategy
– Work with our creative and social leads to identify and source Student or Friend-generated content and manage acquiring the rights to re-use on our own marketing channels (social/email)
– Work with head of brand and CEO to identify key marketing moments over the next 12 months and brainstorm ways to activate/engaged customers around them (ie. A lot of our audience is in college- what can we do for back to school in the fall? Both IRL and digitally?), and assist in executing the initiatives we move forward with
– Work cross functionally to keep the master marketing calendar up to date …. And above all else: – You’re not afraid to do your homework and then act confidently in a team setting
– You’re committed to building a foundation of value, love, and care for all Parade girls.
– You always have an open mind, but are ready with a curated and customer-centric point of view.
Desired Skills for Internship: Who are you?
You are someone who: –
Is comfortable (and loves) talking to people, and has extremely strong writing skills. You’ll be writing and speaking with people often — both in the Parade voice when talking with our customers and community members, and in your own when communicating internally/with external partners.
– Can work in ‘real-time’, with a proactive approach to monitoring what our customers and reps are saying about us and engaging in conversation with them/crafting thoughtful responses — golden rule: If you see something, say something!
– Is incredibly proactive, is constantly asking questions and sharing your thoughts, and understands the importance of every task/project and how it plays into the success of Parade as a whole — in short, you’re excited to get your hands dirty and don’t need to wait to be told what to do.
– Has a strong sense of creativity and desire to bring a creative energy to team building.
– Is obsessed with creating impactful/engaging content and community-oriented experiences.
– Gets consumer brands at a fundamental level and understands their latent cultural significance and far-reaching power.
– Recognizes Parade’s opportunity to rewrite a cultural script during a pivotal time for woman-oriented brands and more importantly, women everywhere.
Expiration Date for this Posting: August 1 2019
Other Requirements: View more: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HNW2gKy2P53TLQungO7ClMJGNSmiQ3otzi2603hw2X8/edit?usp=sharing
Online Application: Email firstname.lastname@example.org