Gallatin has a small budget to support your course, including paying honoraria to guest lecturers.
Requesting a Guest Lecturer
- You may request up to two guest lecturers per course.
- Requests should be submitted at least 2 weeks before lecture. It is recommended that course instructors not finalize arrangements with the lecturer until budgetary approval has been obtained.
- Compensation is set by the collective bargaining agreement ($141.28 for a 75-minute class and $210.03 for a 150-minute course).
- Once your guest lecture request is approved, Erica Jones will send you more details about the payment process (see below for more details).
- Shortly after the date of the lecture, Erica will contact you to confirm the lecture took place and will then initiate the payment process.
When Lecturer Can Expect Payment
If the lecturer is currently employed by NYU, either as full time faculty, adjunct faculty or staff, the payment will be processed through the NYU Payroll office and will appear in your regular NYU pay check. Payment can be expected approximately 1-2 payment cycles after the date of the lecture.
Shortly after your guest lecturer has been approved, the guest will receive an e-mail from NYU i-Buy instructing them to fill out an online form. This form is an invitation to register as a vendor in the NYU system. Please note that this form replaces the need for W-9 forms to pay guests. Once the form is completed, they are approved in the system, and the lecture has taken place, payment will be processed.
In most cases, payment can be expected within approximately 3-4 weeks.
If you have questions about any of the above, please contact Marissa Mattes.