Esferas is a student and alumni initiative within New York University’s Department of Spanish & Portuguese.
We are a peer-reviewed, annual publication that publishes exceptional critical essays, visual art, creative writing, interviews, translations, and works related to Hispanic and Luso life within and beyond New York City.
Esferas, “sphere” in both Spanish and Portuguese, is the fusion of compelling images, distinctive voices, and multidisciplinary views. It is the ever-changing shape and infinite flow of our intellectual and creative pursuits.
We seek to create a shared space for artists, scholars, graduate and undergraduate students.
We accept submissions all throughout the year, and publish an issue yearly at the beginning of May. Calls for submissions begin end of May and submissions for the May issue can be presented until the end of January.
A few guidelines for submission (Please send to email@example.com)
- Please include a biography with your submission
- If you are providing photography as art, or photography to be included with a text, you need to submit the actual photograph, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi for publication. You need to secure all of the rights to publish the photographs if they are not your own, and let us know how the journal should communicate those rights.
- Texts can have any extension between 3 and 10 pages. Longer submissions will be reviewed but the preference is for articles that do not go beyond 12 pages.
- Bibliography and in text citation: Please review the last issue of Esferas for the correct format.
- We welcome translations, but we will need confirmation of the rights of its publication.
- We welcome all forms of media.