Skip to content
Learn to Code
- W3Schools CSS tutorial: this CSS tutorial has examples and an online editor you can use to edit and test each example yourself.
- css-tricks.com: a blog about CSS, contains some neat tricks and tips, and some snippets of code for multiple situations.
- csszengarden.com: a demo site of what can be accomplished with CSS-based design. You can download the example HTML and CSS files and play around with them. Licensed under Creative Commons attribution noncommercial share alike.
- Adobe Color CC: an interactive color wheel to find just the right color for your design.
- Shay Howe’s CSS Tutorial: tutorial for beginners including an introduction to HTML.
- The 30 CSS selectors you must memorize: a handy cheat sheet for most used CSS selectors.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Programming Languages: a brief overview by IT Hare of different programming languages and links to several third-party resources.
- Code.org: online classes, fun exercises (code BB-8 from Star Wars!), and resources.
- Color Theory: an overview of using colors in web design.
- General Assembly: located in New York, you can take classes at General Assembly from a range of topics. Prices vary, some are free.
- HTML Dog: a beginner’s guide to HTML and CSS; no prior coding experience necessary. FREE.
- Khan Academy: introduction to HTML and CSS with practice quizzes.
- LinkedIn Learning: an online education portal offering thousands of video courses, including website development and coding languages. FREE through NYU.
- MDN (Mozilla Developer Network): Tutorial for learning CSS. FREE
- Processing.org: video tutorials for processing languages, from such leaders in the field as Daniel Shiffman, professor at NYU. FREE
- Programming Design Systems: a digital book that teaches a practical introduction to the new foundations of graphic design. By Rune Madsen. FREE
- The Coding Train: NYU ITP Professor Daniel Shiffman offers creative coding video tutorials on his YouTube channel. FREE
- Udemy: a marketplace for online learning, with courses in various subjects. Prices vary, some are free.