About me

Always over-caffeinated!

My name is Deanna Milano and I work as part of the Office of Educational Technology for Faculty of Arts and Science at NYU. I am currently transitioning from Instructional Technologist to Coordinator of Digital Pedagogy Initiatives – long title, I know! I’m still figuring out exactly how to take this new role and make it mine, but a large portion of my time will still be spent working with faculty to design, develop, and implement technology-enhanced teaching and learning projects.

To mirror what I am hearing from most of you, I haven’t taken the most direct or traditional path to instructional design! I hold a BA in English from CUNY Hunter College, and MS in Library Science from Pratt Institute. My previous positions have all been traditional library roles – E-Reserves, and then Reference – but I become more interested in online pedagogy and instructional design when I started experimenting with “flipping” my information literacy and intro to research sessions. I’ve been at NYU for about three years, and the scope of faculty I support is fairly narrow in terms of the university as a whole – but even providing local support for FAS faculty involves over 1,000 instructors across three schools.

My strengths are definitely research, multimedia production, and learning new technologies, but I definitely lack a thorough grounding in learning theory and instructional design models. Looking forward to learning more about learning!