Week 1 Assignment: Drawing Exercise/Experience

In-class Drawings: 

Since I had seen the first exercise in the past, I was eager to get started and initially thought that it would be a piece of cake. But as I was getting into it, I realized that I had make a mistake. Being the perfectionist that I was, I pushed myself to start a new drawing, and then another, and then another, until I was finally somewhat satisfied with the end product. I wasn’t exactly fond of my way of completing the exercises, and so on I told myself that I would not be allowed to start over any of the remaining drawings. If I were to make a mistake then that was it, I should embrace it. 

Drawing Experiences:

Growing up, I often went to drawing classes such as sketching, painting and so on, but because I did not have confidence in my skills or lack thereof, I got mad at myself and refused to continue down that path. I now regret my childish decision in the past, I wish that I could have stuck through and continued to improve. Nonetheless, to this day, I am still an advocate of the arts. I find that I draw best and work best when I am given concrete instructions/guidelines as opposed to drawing freely from my own mind. I look forward to learning more from this course.