- M. Vlachos, N. Freris and A. Kyrillidis, “Compressive Mining: Fast and Optimal Data Mining in the Compressed Domain.” International Journal on Very Large Data Bases (VLDBJ), vol. 24(1), pp. 1-24, 2015.
- A. Zouzias and N. Freris, “Randomized Extended Kaczmarz for Solving Least Squares.” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 34(2), pp. 773-793, 2013. Code available in GitHub.
- S. Zoumpoulis, M. Vlachos, N. Freris and C. Lucchese, “Right-Protected Data Publishing with Provable Distance-based Mining.” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 99, ISSN 1041-4347, 2013.
- N. Freris, C. Hsu, J. Singh and X. Zhu, “Distortion-Aware Scalable Video Streaming to Multinetwork Clients.” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 21, no.2, pp. 469-481, April 2013.
- N. Freris, S. Graham and P. R. Kumar, “Fundamental Limits on Synchronizing Clocks over Networks.” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 1352-1364, June 2011.
- N. Freris, H. Kowshik and P. R. Kumar, “Fundamentals of large sensor networks: Connectivity, Capacity, Clocks and Computation.” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 1828-1846, November 2010.
- P. Latafat, N. Freris and P. Patrinos, “A new randomized block-coordinate primal-dual algorithm for distributed optimization.” Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2017.
- S. Jabari, N. Freris and D. Dilip, “Sparse travel time estimation from streaming data.” Submitted to Elsevier Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 2017.
- M. Smyrnakis, N. Freris and H. Tembine, “Consensus over evolutionary graphs.” Submitted to the 17th IEEE European Control Conference (ECC 2018), Oct. 2017.
- H. Nahas, A. Sirhindi and N. Freris, “A new solution for UWB localization: Online algorithms, implementation and testbed.” 8th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN 2017), Sep. 2017.
- A. Darabseh and N. Freris, “A Software Defined Architecture for Cyberphysical Systems.” 4th IEEE International Conference on Software Defined Systems (SDS 2017), pp. 54-60, May 2017.
- D. Dilip, N. Freris and S. Jabari, “Sparse estimation of travel time distributions using Gamma kernels.” 96th Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting (TRB’17), Jan. 2017.
- X. Duan, N. Freris, and P. Cheng, “Secure clock synchronization under collusion attacks.” 54th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, pp. 1142-1148, Sep. 2016.
- N. Freris and P. Patrinos, “Distributed computing over encrypted data.” 54th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, pp. 1116-1122, Sep. 2016.
- N. Freris, “Accelerated Compressed Sensing on streaming data.” 4th European Conference on Computational Optimization (EUCCO), Sep. 2016.
- P. Sopasakis, N. Freris and P. Patrinos, “Accelerated reconstruction of a compressively sampled data stream.” 24th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO’16), Aug. 2016.
- A. Darabseh, N. Freris, Y. Jararweh and M. Al-Ayyoub, “SDCache: Software Defined Data Caching Control for Cloud Services.” Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud), pp. 164-169, Aug. 2016.
- A. Zouzias and N. Freris, “Randomized Gossip Algorithms for Solving Laplacian Systems.” Proceedings of the 14th IEEE European Control Conference (ECC), pp. 1920-1925, July 2015.
- N. Freris, O. Öçal and M. Vetterli, “Compressed Sensing of streaming data.” Proceedings of the 51stAllerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing, pp. 1242-1249, Oct. 2013.
- G. Baechler, N. Freris, F. Quick and R. Crochiere, “Finite rate of innovation based modeling and compression of ECG signals.” Proceedings of the 38th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 1252-1256, May 2013.
- N. Freris and A. Zouzias, “Fast distributed smoothing of relative measurements.” Proceedings of the 51 st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pp. 1411-1416, Dec. 2012.
- A. Zouzias, M. Vlachos and N. Freris, “Unsupervised Sparse Matrix Co-Clustering for Marketing and Sales Intelligence.” Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 7301, pp. 591-603, May 2012.
- N. Freris, M. Vlachos and S. Kozat, “Optimal Distance Estimation Between Compressed Data Series.” Proceedings of the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM12), pp. 343-354, April 2012.
- N. Freris, M. Vlachos and D. Turaga, “Cluster-Aware Compression with Provable K-means Preservation.” Proceedings of the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM12), pp. 82-93, April 2012.
- N. Freris, “Performance bounds for CSMA-based Medium Access Control.” Proceedings of the 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 5945-5950, Dec. 2011.
- N. Freris, C. Hsu, J. Singh and X. Zhu, “Resource allocation for multihomed scalable video streaming to multiple clients.” Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM’10), pp. 9-16, Dec. 2010.
- C. Hsu, N. Freris, J. Singh and X. Zhu, “Rate control and stream adaptation for scalable video streaming over multiple access networks.” Proceedings of the 18th International Packet Video Workshop (PV’10), pp. 33-40, Dec. 2010.
- N. Freris, V. Borkar and P. R. Kumar, “A model-based approach to clock synchronization.” Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 5744 – 5749, Dec. 2009.
- R. McCabe, N. Freris and P. R. Kumar, “Controlled Random Access MAC for Network Utility Maximization in Wireless Networks.” Proceedings of the 47th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2350-2355, Dec. 2008.
- N. Freris and P. R. Kumar, “Fundamental Limits on Synchronization of Affine Clocks in Networks.” Proceedings of the 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 921-926, Dec. 2007.
- S. Jabari, N. Freris and D. Dilip, “Travel time estimation from streaming data.” U.S. Patent Application No. 62/457,692, 2017.
- C. Hsu, N. Freris, J. Singh and X. Zhu, “Distortion-aware multihomed scalable video streaming to multiple clients.” US8793391 B2, 2014.
- N. Freris, O. Öçal and M. Vetterli, “Recursive Compressed Sensing.” US Patent application, 2014.
- N. Freris, M. Vlachos and F. Fusco “Method and device for data mining on compressed data vectors.” WO2013160840 A1, 2013.
- N. Freris and M. Vlachos, “Compression of data partitioned into clusters.” US 20130031063 A1, 2013.
- N. Freris and L. K. Mestha, “Printing system models.” Chapter 10 in “Control of Color Imaging Systems: Analysis and Design” by L. K. Mestha and S. Dianat, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2009.
- N. Freris, “Wireless Networks: Model and Optimization based approaches to Clock synchronization, Random Access MAC and Video Streaming.” PhD dissertation, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Aug. 2010.
- N. Freris, “Fundamental limits on network clock synchronization.” MS thesis, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Dec. 2007.
- N. Freris, “Parameter estimation of a new insulin-glucose model.” Diploma thesis, Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, July 2005 (in Greek).