by

News

News

Spring 2018:

• Dunja Veselinovic will present our joint paper “It must be that the structure comes first” at the 92nd Annual Meeting of the Linguistics Society of America (LSA92), on January 4-7, 2018 in Salt Lake City, UT.

Fall 2017:

• I gave an invited talk at the Rutgers Workshop on Word Learning and Linguistic Theory on 9/30. The talk is titled “Polysemy against the odds: Learning Modal Words”, and presents joint work with Valentine Hacquard, Annemarie van Dooren, and Anouk Dieuleveut (NSF#BCS-1551628).
  • This semester I’m co-teaching (with Brian McElreeLanguage & Mind, the introductory course for NYU’s Language and Mind major. I’m also co-teaching a graduate seminar Experimental Semantics (with Lucas Champollion).

Summer 2017:

• I did an interview for my alma mater, University of Toronto, check it out here.
  • Dunja Veselinovic presented our paper, “The grammatical source of missing epistemic meanings for modal verbs in child BCS” at Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics (FASL) 26 at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign on May 19-21.

Spring 2017:

• I participated in the Penn Linguistics Conference (PLC) 41 special panel, “Current Issues in Language Acquisition” on March 24th. My talk was titled, “Child generalization, Language Innovation”.
  • “Parsing to learn phrase structure rules” was accepted as a poster for the PLC41, Yohei Oseki is first author, with Tom Roeper (UMass) and me as second authors.
  • This semester I’m teaching First Language Acquisition for undergraduates, and a Seminar in First Language Acquisition (Modals and Evidentials) for graduates.

Fall 2016:

• I gave a colloquium (“Learning to Change”) at Carleton University in Ottawa on November 11th.
  • This semester I’m co-teaching Language & Mind, the introductory course for NYU’s Language and Mind major.

Write a Comment

Comment