Categories
IRL/URL

IRL/URL Week 3_Inspiration Review

Patatap

I like this interactive site because it leaves enough room for the viewer (or player) to explore the usage of the site and the function of each key on their own. In addition, the viewer can create their own performance on the website. The specific usage of this website is not defined. The viewer may get confused at first since they may be waiting for the website to change automatically after they press the first key. But a few seconds later, they will realize that they may need to test by clicking more buttons. The process of exploring is more exciting than being taught how to use the website. And the better thing is that the feedback of each key will change with the change of background color. In other words, there are more opportunities for the viewer to create their own melody  or performances. I enjoy it a lot when I play with this website and I feel that a limited explanation of  the rules is necessary for interactive installation. 

Somebody

I like the idea of asking strangers to deliver messages between friends. We can’t anticipate the ways in which strangers will express themselves for us, so sometimes their expressions come as unexpected surprises. In addition, it also brings strangers closer together and makes the overall atmosphere friendly.  But I think such things can only be used for the little everyday things in life, like when my mom asks me when I’ll be home for dinner. I feel that  there are certain behaviors like confessing, proposing, apologizing to someone, that their significance lies not in what is communicated, but in the person who goes about doing it has the courage to do it. The same meaning if expressed through a stranger, I would feel that such an apology or confession is not sincere enough.