Mar 4 – Apr 8, 2020 Coastal Environments in Global Asia Conference

Coastal Environments in Global Asia

A Webinar Conference of the NYU Abu Dhabi Institute

WEBINAR RECORDINGS CAN BE FOUND HERE.

Monsoon Asia’s coasts and islands supported most of the world’s pre-modern sea trade. They sustained empires. Now, they host the world’s largest ports and support most global shipping. They lie in the world’s most hotly contested sea lanes and face catastrophic effects of climate change.

Based on three years of research collaboration supported by the Henry Luce Foundation, this six-part webinar series, presents findings from project on “Port City Environments in Global Asia” and offers a first look at new research agendas for the years ahead.  

March 4 .  Coastal Precarity and Managed Retreat Shaping Global Asia. Hosted by May Joseph, featuring Godfrey Baldacchino, Alexis Dudden, Sudipta Sen and Nitya Jacob.

March 11. Mapping Coastal Environments: Homelands of Globalization,”  with Marina Kaneti (NUS), David Ludden (NYU) and Vidhya Raveendranationan (NYUSH)

March 18. Coastal Development and Coastal Livelihoods,” Hosted by Vidhya Raveendranathan, featuring the EquiP project (Madras Institute of Development Studies/ French institute Pondicherry) and Sridhar Rao. 

March 25. Himalayan Water Security: An Unfolding Global Challenge, with David Michel (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute), Sophia Kalantzakos (NYU/AD), and Mark Swislocki (NYUAD).

April 1.  Long Rivers, Deep Histories,Hosted by Sunil Amrith and featuring Ruth Mostern, Faisal Hussain, Maya Peterson, and Hieu Phung 

April 8.  Belts and Roads in Environmental Perspective,” with Maria Adele Carrai, Sophia Kalantazakos, Yifei Li, and Ayesha Omer. 

9 thoughts on “Mar 4 – Apr 8, 2020 Coastal Environments in Global Asia Conference

1. I used to be very happy to find this net-site.I needed to thanks in your time for this glorious read!! I positively enjoying every little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.

2. I like this post, enjoyed this one thanks for putting up. “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” by Albert Einstein.

3. Great – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task..

4. Great post and right to the point. I am not sure if this is actually the best place to ask but do you folks have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thanks in advance 🙂

5. Your style is so unique compared to many other people. Thank you for publishing when you have the opportunity,Guess I will just make this bookmarked.2

6. You have noted very interesting points! ps nice site. “Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.” by Conan Doyle.