Summer 2019 Employment Opportunities
Biology Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for our summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools on the East and West coasts, as well as internationally in Hong Kong. A full list of site locations can be found here.
We are currently seeking individuals to work with the following Biology-related courses:
- Through the Microscope
- Examining the Evidence
- The Sensory Brain
- Marine Ecology
- Introduction to the Biomedical Sciences
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fast-Paced High School Biology
- The Global Environment
- Science, Technology, and Public Policy
A full list of science courses, course descriptions, and sample syllabi can be found at: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/courses/science.html
Why teach for CTY?
- competitive salary plus room and board at our east and west coast residential sites
- all classes are taught by both an instructor and teaching assistant, and are limited to a maximum of 18 students per class
- opportunity to teach gifted students, and work with other professionals in your field
- science instructors are allotted a generous lab budget
Core Dates for 2019*:
Session 1: June 20 – July 13, 2019
Session 2: July 13 – August 3, 2019
*Note: dates may vary depending on location and position. For a full list of locations and dates, please visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 – $6,000 for instructors and $2,540 for TAs
- Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
- Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
- Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant position descriptions: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/positions
Fill out an online application at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.