Week 1: Handless Switch – Pinwheel

For my handless switch, I decided to do a pinwheel that will work as a switch for my circuit. I designed a circuit that is complete when the pinwheel is in a certain position. Every time when you blow to the pinwheel, it would turn the light off because the circuit would not be complete. After a full spin the pinwheel will come back to its original place the circuit will work again

.

I started this by doing a pinwheel that would conduct electricity. I wrapped a  straw with tin foil and attached one end of the cable to it. On the top part of the pinwheel, I used a pin that conducts electricity to attach the paper part to the straw. I taped a line of tin foil on top a wing of the pinwheel, because i needed something light and something that would conduct electricity. I put another piece of tin foil on to the ground and attached one end of the cable to it. Every single time the pinwheel did a turn the strip of tin foil would touch the tin foil on the ground and by this way, it would complete the circuit.,

IM Pinwheel Video